Friday, October 26, 2007

Blog still seems to hold up

A look at the stats shows that 10 to 30 people a day hit this blog.

The tech blog I do for the Daily News draws between 100 and 200 on a bad day, and 300 to 600 when I get a good link on another blog or site. On a really good week, meaning a good link during a heavy tech-news period, it can go up to 1,000 or 2,000 a day. That hasn't happened in awhile.

But I'm happier here with 30 a day than I am over there with 200.

On a related note, I'm thinking of moving this blog over to WordPress. Besides being a newer, ostensibly better service, WordPress will allow this blog to be moved over, supposedly in its entirety, and will then allow backups to XML files. I have no idea whether or not Blogger supports this same feature, but I'd like to find out.

One thing's for sure: Writing on Blogger beats the hell out of doing it on Movable Type.

No comments: